Our mission is supported by an ambitious vertically integrated approach: design & manufacture of small satellites combined with development of earth observation services.
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially. Our team gathers more than 25 engineering expertise, from hardware design to software development & data science.
In 2023, Aerospacelab counts offices in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Bordeaux (France) and Lausanne (Switzerland) with more than 200 full-time employees, with the ambition to position itself as the European leader in small satellites.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a :
As a member of our Data Correction team, you will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy and interoperability of image products generated from Aerospacelab’s satellites. With the ability to process data at scale, you will be tasked with developing the platform that will allow us to process, store, and publish earth observation images.
As a senior member of the team, you will be involved in the design, the development and test of the data management system responsible for the processing, storage, and dissemination of Earth observation images.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies and play a key role in advancing our understanding of the earth’s environment. We are looking for a talented and experienced individual who is passionate about using her/his skills to make a positive impact on the world. If you are up to the challenge, we would love to hear from you.
- Take part in all phases of the project, design, development, test, and operations.
- Write and execute functional and performance test procedures.
- Write technical documentation.
- Configure CICD pipeline.
- Coach junior colleagues, perform code and architecture review.
- Be part of the first line of support related to production environment.
- Take part in company wide discussion and content production on Software Engineering.
- Master or PhD’s degree in computer engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Work experience in Python
- Experience with Cloud computing and Microservice architecture
- Experience with PostgreSQL and S3 object storage
- Proficient in English
Nice to have
- Work experience in the Space sector
- Familiar with image processing
- Experience in frontend design and development
- Knowledge of Fast API, SQLAlchemy and/or Pydantic
- Experience with Java
- Build your own career path
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast-paced environment
- Flexible ways of working