Aerospacelab is a “new space” scale-up founded in 2018 in Belgium, counting ~140 employees. The company’s vision is to enhance efficiency across markets by making geospatial intelligence both actionable and affordable. With the objective of becoming the European leader in satellite-based intelligence and provision of microsatellite platforms, Aerospacelab follows a vertically integrated approach, developing expertise both in upstream and downstream markets. The group is composed of a holding company in Belgium controlling wholly owned subsidiaries in France and Switzerland. Aerospacelab designs and manufactures microsatellites, operates constellations of satellites to generate data, and develops processing toolchains to extract and deliver actionable insights to end-users across various sectors.
AerospaceLab is currently growing its technical team in Lausanne (Switzerland) and is looking for an Electronical engineer to strengthen its capabilities in this field. You will support and be responsible for any tasks linked to electrical machine and electronics, following processes and good practices established by the HQ in Belgium. You will supervise external partners’work and will team with the Mechanical engineer to achieve compliance and delivery of electromechanical systems.
Start date : ASAP
- Support electrical subsystems design for space missions, with emphasize on electrical motors with relatively high rotation rate, high stability and very long lifetime.
- Support all aspects of the development chain: design, integration, test, operations, and maintenance
- Support design reviews to ensure requirements, interface and good practice compliance with the others teams and subsystems.
- Manage external partners and control the delivery and the quality of outsourced works.
- Develop and perform test plans.
- Create all the necessary documentation relative to progress, user interface, test campaign and specifications.
Must have :
- MSc or PhD in electrical engineering
- Knowledge of design, manufacture and control of electrical machine (rotative motors)
- Knowledge of space environment and its constraints (vacuum, vibration loads, temperature gradient, radiation, …)
- Experience with diagnosis, debug and component, assembly and system level testing methodologies
- Good capacity to learn fast new skills.
- Ability to switch quickly between tasks and projects.
- Fluent in English
- Permit to work in Switzerland
Nice to have :
- Experience in electromechanical systems for space applications
- Experience with control and automation (mechatronics, robotics, …)
- Experience with scripting language (Python)
- French and/or German
Joining Aerospacelab :
- Build your own career path
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast-paced environment
- Flexible ways of working
- Salary package consistent with your experience