Our mission is supported by an ambitious vertically integrated approach: design & manufacture of small satellites combined with development of earth observation services.
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially. Our team gathers more than 25 engineering expertise, from hardware design to software development & data science.
In 2023, Aerospacelab counts offices in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Bordeaux (France) and Lausanne (Switzerland) with more than 200 full-time employees, with the ambition to position itself as the European leader in small satellites.
To strengthen our team, we are creating the position of :
Power Electronics Engineer
- Support or lead electrical power systems design for spacecraft missions
- Support all aspects of the development chain: converter design and analysis, integration, test, operations, and maintenance
- Support design reviews to ensure requirements and interface compliance
- Work closely with external providers of electronics and magnetics to review designs, identify and resolve issues and develop integration and test approaches
- Support subsystem development with a multidisciplinary team of flight software/ FPGA developers and mechanical/thermal engineers (to ensure design is compatible with space application environment)
- Develop test plans that ensure adequate testing of power supplies
- Depending on experience, drive full projects and lead a team of multidisciplinary engineers
- MSc or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience of power supplies design, including power circuit, regulation circuit and filters design and related implementation (PCB routing and tests)
- Proficiency in using Spice simulators for switching converters analysis (ideally considering parasitic elements contribution when relevant) : switching transients, stability analsyis, etc…
- A good knowledge of the most common converter topologies, both non-isolated and isolated
- Experience with magnetics design and implementation
- Experience leading existing in-house and subcontractor component/subassembly design
- Experience with diagnosis, debug and component, assembly and system level testing methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to work across the team and company to drive designs to completion.
- Good knowledge of English
Nice to have
- A passion for technology and rapid execution of sophisticated space missions
- Practical knowledge of advanced/resonant converter topologies and associated regulation schemes (both analog and digital)
- Experience with EMC/EMI design and testing
- Proficiency with common industry electronic design software.
Joining Aerospacelab :
- Build your own career path,
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company,
- Flat hierarchy,
- Fast-paced environment,
- Flexible ways of working,
- Salary package consistent with your experience.