Our mission is supported by an ambitious vertically integrated approach: design & manufacture of small satellites combined with development of earth observation services.
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially. Our team gathers more than 25 engineering expertise, from hardware design to software development & data science.
In 2023, Aerospacelab counts offices in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Bordeaux (France) and Lausanne (Switzerland) with more than 200 full-time employees, with the ambition to position itself as the European leader in small satellites.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a :
- Implement design blocks and IPs using VHDL.
- Simulate design blocks and IPs with higher level test benches.
- Participate in all phases of FPGA integration flow.
- Develop IPs drivers (user & kernel space) and support the software team on the software integration.
- Design and implement complex solutions using a mix of software and hardware accelerators.
- Lead the design of complex products that use FPGAs over the whole process flow (architecture, design and testing).
- Test, debug and validate FPGAs on target in the lab using higher-level custom tools in Python / C /etc.
- MSc or PhD degree in electrical engineering.
- 3+ years of experience working with complex FPGA.
- 3+ years of experience in VHDL and/or Verilog / System Verilog.
- Strong understanding of FPGA design flow (synthesis, place & route, etc)
- Ability to read and understand schematics and layouts.
- Strong understanding of software and hardware interaction.
- Comfortable with using power supplies, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers in a lab environment (without burning the lab down!).
- Excellent verbal and written skills to interact across the avionics design teams.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of DSP algorithms in RTL for processing signals from RF and/or optical transceivers.
- Knowledge of image processing algorithms.
- First hand experience or good knowledge of high speed (> 5Gbps) links.
- Experience with real time operating systems (preferable freeRTOS).
- Power consumption estimation for FPGA operations.
- Experience in scripting/programming – including low-level programming (firmware) of complex computer systems.
- Experience with script language (Python).
- Proficiency in a command line environment using Linux (ability to write scripts).
- First hand knowledge and/or interest in the Linux Kernel.