Our team of Aerospacelab in France develops key technologies for future satellite platforms and in-orbit logistics mission strategies, performs system engineering studies and supports manufacturing and integration of products on the platform.
Our head office being in Belgium (Mont-Saint-Guibert), we work in close collaboration with all the teams based there : mechanical design, avionics design and integration teams.
Within the Space Robotics team, the trainee will participate in the development of a space rendezvous simulator.
His/her main activities will consist in:
– Implement a robotic arm system to simulate the movements of a satellite (near field navigation),
– Characterize the performances of the robotic arm,
– Carry out the first validations of a camera-based recognition system,
– Couple the movements of the robot to a mission simulator.
End of study internship for a student from an engineering school with a specialization in robotics.
– Robotics programming
– Matlab Simulink or equivalent
– Knowledge of space mechanics would be a plus
– Good level of English required