We’re seeking an experienced database administrator who’s eager to use and grow his or her technological skills on a worldwide stage.
In this role, the Database Administrator will protect our critical information, systems, and assets, build solutions, implement new databases, provide training, and assist in the development of an overall data storage strategy.
From early on, you’ll help empower our breakthrough innovations, be given challenging assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their skills to technology-based business model that creates real-world solutions.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of databases
- Install and upgrade databases, manage, and integrate automation processes
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
- Managing accesses and security
- Troubleshoot software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure and solutions
- Databases backup management
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Liaising with programmers, applications, operational staff, PM and other needed technical staff
- SPOC and key people for the future data hosting strategy of the company
- Report to the IT Manager
- Master, PhD or bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Certifications in the DB IT world is an asset
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent is a plus
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of managing and implementing databases
- Knowledge and understanding of main databases technologies
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, MongoDB, InfluxDB, S3 Object Storage,…
- Knowledge of Backup Systems related to databases
- Knowledge of virtualization on VMware is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Providing user / dev training, support and feedback
- Scripting skills (Powershell, Python, …)
- Knowledge of French and English
- Build your own career path
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast-paced environment
- Flexible ways of working
- Salary package consistent with your experience