Our mission is supported by an ambitious vertically integrated approach: Intelligence and Insights empowered by proprietary satellite data, enabled by our own satellites.
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially.
In 2022, Aerospacelab counts offices in Mont-Saint-Guibert and Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Bordeaux (France) and Lausanne (Switzerland) with more than 150 full-time employees, to position itself as the European leader in Geospatial Intelligence and small satellites platforms.
To strengthen our teams, we are currently looking for a:
- Capitalizing on your experience, you help setting-up Purchasing good practices and rules, and enforce them internally and externally,
- You are in charge of high-end technical purchase and have a portfolio >10M€/year,
- As a Senior Buyer, you buy exclusively technical parts, such as :
- Flight Hardware for Satellite (~70%)
- Prototype & ground testing equipment (~30%)
- You regularly perform analysis of your complete portfolio :
- To identify risks & opportunities and make decisions
- To size safety stock
- To identify procurement risks
- You perform-up supplier audit :
- Financial & background check
- Workload/Capacity check
- You perform an active market watch :
- To identify new suppliers
- To identify the new trends early enough and transmit them to Engineering/Business teams
- You regularly attend international space exhibitions,
- As a key member of the department, you share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the staff, and play an active role in the training of the New Joiners,
- You prepare Aerospacelab’s production ramp-up by strengthening the Supply Chain for the portfolio you handle.
- Reports to the Head of Supply chain and Procurement to lead the department
- You are a senior member of the Procurement department :
- As such, you work directly under the head of the procurement department
- You act as his backup when needed
- You are part of a department that handles :
- Supply Chain
- You will thus work closely with other Buyers, Supply Chain officers, Warehouse team members,
- You are at the interface between Engineering & Manufacturing,
- You work with international suppliers.
- Based in the HQ of Aerospacelab. Current HQ is in Louvain-la-Neuve but will be transferred to Charleroi within a few years,
- Open to travel as you have international suppliers & space exhibitions to attend / visit,
- Technical or management (Ex: Engineering, Business school, Bachelor in Supply Chain, ….)
- 8-10 years of experience with a strong experience in an industrial environment,
- At least 3 years of experience as a Technical Buyer,
- Fluent in English,
- Strong negotiation skills,
- Solution oriented & agile mindset,
- Autonomous & independent.
Nice to have
- Master’s Degree in Engineer or Supply chain or management,
- Experience in managing teams,
- Experience in automotive industry
- Odoo knowledge
What’s in there for you?
- Join a fast-growing Space company,
- A versatile position with a high level of autonomy and a large scope of work,
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company,
- Flexible ways of working, structural homeworking possibilities,
- Fast-paced environment,
- An attractive salary with a competitive benefits package,
Why work at Aerospacelab?
You will work on satellites that will fly before your retirement. Be part of the « new space » industry and its challenges. Surround yourself with smart and innovative people. No dumb managers, no stupid tools to use. Take a lot of responsibility if you can handle.More about us