Our mission is supported by an ambitious vertically integrated approach: Intelligence and Insights empowered by proprietary satellite data, enabled by our own satellites.
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially.
In 2022, Aerospacelab counts offices in Mont-Saint-Guibert and Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Bordeaux (France) and Lausanne (Switzerland) with more than 150 full-time employees, to position itself as the European leader in Geospatial Intelligence and small satellites platforms.
To strengthen our teams, we are currently looking for a:
- Participate in the design of optical instruments; analyze performance and tolerances (from estimations to detailed analysis)
- Define test plans, test setups and test procedures, including definition of needed equipment and tools
- Design and implement necessary breadboard demonstrators or proof-of-concept setups
- Participate in assembly of optical instruments in the cleanroom
- Perform tests of optical systems for space and ground (telescopes, cameras, etc)
- Analyze the results of the tests and document them
- Support system engineering team as an expert in optics
- At least first experience in optics for space or other complex industry
- Understanding of test setups and optical testing (MTF, radiometry, spectral, etc)
- Good understanding of one of the following topics: interferometry, radiometry, thermal & optical properties, stray-light or optical manufacturing
- BSc or MSc in physics, optics, photonics or equivalent experience
- Python or other scripting language;
- Basics of ray-tracing software
- Hands-on mentality, ability to work with hardware shown by a proven ability to build and assemble test setups (using off-the-shelf components, 3D printed or custom-made mechanics and optics)
- Comfortable to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Good knowledge of English
Nice to Have:
- Skills in Solidworks, ability to do understand drawings and tolerances
- Advanced optical design software skills such as Zemax (tolerances, scripting), FRED or CodeV
- French is an advantage
- Build your own career path
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast-paced environment
- Flexible ways of working
- Salary package consistent with your experience
Why work at Aerospacelab?
You will work on satellites that will fly before your retirement. Be part of the « new space » industry and its challenges. Surround yourself with smart and innovative people. No dumb managers, no stupid tools to use. Take a lot of responsibility if you can handle.More about us