- Development and design of optomechanical assemblies for ground and space applications
- Execute a design from A to Z, from conceptual idea to production & validation
- You derive system and sub-system requirements and define interfaces and envelopes
- You perform simple strength and modal analysis necessary for first dimensioning of the parts
- Tolerancing and verification of the optomechanical systems is part of your tasks
- You prepare the technical documentation including manufacturing documents
- Active collaboration in other mechanical projects of the company.
- You look for suitable suppliers and drive supplier discussions
- MSc in University Degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or similar
- Expertise for optomechanical systems and precision mechanics
- Understand an optical design and translate the requirements to a mechanical design.
- Designing, analyzing, modeling, and simulating heat transfer and thermal management solutions.
- Experience in 3D/2D CAD design (preferably SolidWorks)
- Hands on
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Familiarity with optical design software (eg. Zemax, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in the design of electromechanical mechanisms, precision mechanics, and/or precision motion control is desirable.
- Build your own career path
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast-paced environment
- Flexible ways of working
- Salary package consistent with your experience
Why work at Aerospacelab?
You will work on satellites that will fly before your retirement. Be part of the « new space » industry and its challenges. Surround yourself with smart and innovative people. No dumb managers, no stupid tools to use. Take a lot of responsibility if you can handle.More about us