- Design of optical systems (on board hardware and corresponding test setups, including payload telescopes, mirrors, collimators etc.) including mechanical and thermal aspects
- Estimations of systems technical budgets, including thermal specifications
- Participate in the assembly, integration and validation (AIV) and other test activities of the optical systems, as well as associated test plans.
- Follow-up with suppliers and subcontractors for some units and systems.
- Optical engineer, physicist engineer, thermo-mechanical engineer or equivalent
- Experience in thermo-optical design
- Comfortable to work in a multi-disciplinary start-up environment
- Good knowledge of English
Nice to have
Ideal candidate should have experience in at least two of the areas below:
- Thermal and FEM modelling of optics (sigfit, Zemax star, etc)
- Optical design and tolerances in Zemax, CodeV, etc.
- Mechanical design experience for optical instruments
- Experience in space industry, particularly optical payloads
- AITV of the space instruments
- Experience in manufacturing optics
The position is open for both junior and experienced candidates.
- Build your own career path
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast-paced environment
- Flexible ways of working
Why work at Aerospacelab?
You will work on satellites that will fly before your retirement. Be part of the « new space » industry and its challenges. Surround yourself with smart and innovative people. No dumb managers, no stupid tools to use. Take a lot of responsibility if you can handle.More about us