Our mission is supported by an ambitious vertically integrated approach: design & manufacture of small satellites combined with development of earth observation services.
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially. Our team gathers more than 25 engineering expertise, from hardware design to software development & data science.
In 2023, Aerospacelab counts offices in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Bordeaux (France) and Lausanne (Switzerland) with more than 200 full-time employees, with the ambition to position itself as the European leader in small satellites.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a :
As a Geospatial Analyst you will be responsible to conduct analysis on Aerospacelab’s own images to produce high added value products. You’ll take the lead in analyzing multispectral imagery to address a diverse range of environmental and agriculture applications.
In this position you’ll will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with cross-functional teams within Aerospacelab. And work together to identify and prioritize relevant use cases, and contribute to the development of next generation payloads.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies and play a key role in advancing our understanding of the earth’s environment. We are looking for a talented and experienced individual who is passionate about using her/his skills to make a positive impact on the world. If you are up to the challenge, we would love to hear from you.
- Implement and deploy advanced algorithms for extracting physical indices from multispectral imagery, incorporating state-of-the-art techniques.
- Collaborate with the product team to explore novel use cases for Earth observation products, considering end-user needs and demands.
- Collaborate with the payload engineering team to innovate and optimize the next generation of multispectral payloads, aligning them with future use-case requirements.
- Conduct modeling and simulation to evaluate system performance and assess potential improvements.
- Define and compute performance metrics to gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of geospatial analysis processes.
- Redact and review technical documentation, catering to both the engineering team and end users, ensuring clarity and comprehensibility.
- Design and develop user-friendly visualization tools within a web interface, enhancing the accessibility of geospatial data.
- Collaborate with the platform development team to enable the seamless execution of processing tasks at scale, facilitating efficient and large-scale geospatial analysis.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant image processing or data analysis field
- Advanced level of Earth observation analysis skills and experience
- Understanding the physical, chemical and/or biological mechanisms underlying the extracted information
- Experience leveraging scientific computing using Python in a Unix/Linux environment
- Familiar with machine learning techniques
- Proficient in English
Nice to Have
- Hands on experience with multispectral imagery
- Experience writing software automation of analysis of imagery/map
- Experience writing production code in C/C++
- Knowledge of how to scale code with cloud computing resources, e.g. AWS or GCP
- Experience with web development and data visualisation tools
- PhD in a relevant scientific/engineering field