Our mission is supported by an ambitious vertically integrated approach: design & manufacture of small satellites combined with development of earth observation services.
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially. Our team gathers more than 25 engineering expertise, from hardware design to software development & data science.
In 2023, Aerospacelab counts offices in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Bordeaux (France) and Lausanne (Switzerland) with more than 200 full-time employees, with the ambition to position itself as the European leader in small satellites.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a :
Junior Software Engineer
To operate its satellites, Aerospacelab relies on a platform called Mission Control Center. You will be part of the team who develops and manages this software in-house to remote control the satellites of the company over three axis: commanding the satellite, monitoring it and planning its activities. This application is at the crossroad of different products of the company, connecting together its commercial platforms, technical platforms, control room and the satellites themselves.
You will be part of a small team of full-stack developers where all members share a passion for cutting-edge software engineering and a strong interest for the space sector. As an agile developer you can develop small features and see them used in production to actually operate satellites just a few weeks later or take the time to dive into deeper and complex technical tasks with a real impact on the way the company operates its satellites.
As a member of the development team, your duties will include
- Responsible for backend and frontend analysis and design, development and testing of the software,
- Provide technical support to internal and external users, in direct coordination with the satellite operators,
- Redaction of technical documentation,
- BSc or a MSc in computer science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience,
- Knowledge in Java or C#,
- Knowledge in one of the following web framework: Vuejs, Angular, ReactJS,
- Knowledge in REST API,
- Knowledge in unit testing,
- Fluent in English.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge in Python,
- Knowledge in microservice architecture and frameworks (Quarkus, Spring Boot,…),
- Knowledge in SQL database
- Knowledge in message driven programming (AMQP, Kafka, …),
- Knowledge in CI/CD tools (GitLab CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, …).