Our mission is supported by an ambitious vertically integrated approach: design & manufacture of small satellites combined with development of earth observation services.
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially. Our team gathers more than 25 engineering expertise, from hardware design to software development & data science.
In 2023, Aerospacelab counts offices in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Bordeaux (France) and Lausanne (Switzerland) with more than 200 full-time employees, with the ambition to position itself as the European leader in small satellites.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a :
As a software developer working in an aerospace company that is building satellites, your job likely involves designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining cutting-edge software products that are used in the design, development, and operation of these satellites.
Among these products, one of your main responsibilities will be the Tasking Tool. It’s a service that we use every day in the company, as well as other third-party clients. The goal of the Tasking Tool is to build and optimize the schedules of satellites: determining the precise moments when the satellite must turn on its sensor to acquire data from Earth. To achieve that, we develop micro-services in the backend, a web UI and an API to serve the data to the users. You will have also the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of our Mission Analysis tool, which is an integral part of our internal processes for generating statistics and visualizations related to future missions, including revisit times, area coverage, cloud impact, memory and energy consumption, etc. Additionally, you’ll receive direct feedback from the tool’s users, allowing you to incrementally enhance its functionality and performance. All of these projects have a huge impact on the company and our clients. Taking part to their development could include tasks such as:
- Collaborating with a team of engineers, project managers, and other professionals to understand the requirements and specifications of the products you will be developing
- Writing code in a programming language such as Java or Python to create the different micro-services
- Ensuring that the modules function correctly and meet the required high standards of the aerospace industry with a reliable testing strategy
- Participating in code reviews with other members of the development team to ensure the quality and maintainability of the codebase
- Debugging and fixing any issues that arise during the development or operation of the tool
- Write the technical documentation of the developed modules
Overall, your job as a software developer in the aerospace industry is likely to be challenging, but also exciting and interesting as you work on cutting-edge technology that plays a crucial role in earth observation missions.
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development
- Professional knowledge of Python or Java
- Professional knowledge of database systems, such as MySQL, Postgres
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and GitHub
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficient in English
- Experience with software & microservice architecture
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Docker , Kubernetes, CI/CD · Experience with ELK stack
- Work experience in the Space sector
- Experience in designing and implementing public and internal APIs
- Experience in frontend design and development
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with Figma
- Build your own career path
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast-paced environment
- Flexible ways of working